Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My first Blog, an endorsement for Brennan as Mayor

Seeing as how I officially have a blog, I figured I'd get a post on here to get things rolling. There will be a decent amount of content on this sight in regards to the Portland political scene. For starters I'd like to say that Musings from Machigonne gives its full endorsement to Candidate Michael Brennan in Portland's first Mayoral Election in 9 decades. Brennan not only brings the experience, but also the integrity and guts needed for this new position. With 15 candidates running, only one can win. It's nice to read some of the ideas that various candidates are offering, but many of them (particularly those without political experience) sound like they would be better suited serving on the city council. Charles Bragdon, Jodie Lapchick,  Hamza Haadoow and John Eder to name a few appear to have some really fresh ideas. Maybe with some time served on the City Council they will be viable Mayoral Candidates in the future. As for now though, I urge all Portlanders to get to the polls and ignore the 14 other choices you have. Vote for the one candidate who you want to see running our Great City. My ballot will have #1 Michael Brennan.

No comments:

Post a Comment